Digital Intelligence (DQ)
Just as the intelligence quotient (IQ) is designed to assess human intelligence and emotional intelligence (EQ) is designed to assess the capacity to be aware of, control, and express one's emotions, and to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically; Digital Intelligence (DQ) is the sum of social, emotional, and cognitive abilities that enable individuals to face the challenges and adapt to the demands of digital life.
Digital Intelligence aims to measure and achieve the following outcomes:
- Increasing knowledge of cyber-risks;
- Encouraging children and teens to use digital media responsibly;
- Equipping children and teens with strong values around the use of technology;
- Fostering healthy family communication about digital media between children and their parents;
- Empowering the young to be a positive force for cultural change online.
Additional information about DQ can be found here: