An inspiring journey of discovery, friendship and fun.
Plaistow and Kirdford Primary School is a happy, caring community where everyone is welcomed, valued and respected. Children and adults work together to create an ethos where learning is celebrated, achievements are shared and where we challenge ourselves and others.
We match our curriculum to suit individuals to create engaged, enthusiastic students who are challenged to stretch themselves in a vibrant and secure environment. We aim to develop thoughtful and responsible young people with the knowledge and self-confidence to leave primary school as successful, life-long learners. At the core of this is our children’s motto, “Believe. Achieve. Succeed.” At Plaistow and Kirdford, children develop a sense of self belief that no matter how difficult something is, if they apply themselves they can go on to achieve their goals.
By understanding each child’s starting point, we inspire learning through excellent teaching and an enthusiasm for bringing a rich and varied curriculum to life. Plaistow and Kirdford has high aspirations and expectations for what each child can achieve. Making the most of our excellent setting we encourage curiosity and questioning for learning; we want our children to be brave in their choices and bold in their next steps. Our teachers instill a passion for life-long learning.
A small school with a dynamic community, Plaistow and Kirdford ensures our children are prepared for the rapidly changing world in which we live. We strive to ensure that children develop respect for themselves, each other, their families and our local community and environment.
- To provide an inspiring education for children, based on high quality teaching and learning.
- To create a calm and ordered environment in school where friendship and fun are nurtured based on respect, tolerance and understanding for others so that we are all members of a happy, warm, caring and secure community.
- To recognise and celebrate children’s achievements, understanding that every child is unique and has something to offer. By developing strengths and supporting special needs, we aim to ensure that every child believes in their full potential and has the support to achieve it.
- To promote self-reliance and responsibility so that children leave us confident, independent learners through enabling self-belief and celebrating their journey to success.
- To work in partnership with home, developing positive relationships and enabling parents to support their children’s learning.
- Through working with our local community and beyond, develop our children so that they move on as Global Citizens with a good understanding of themselves in the world and a desire to make it a better place.
Promoting British Values
The Department for Education (DfE) recently reinforced the need “to create and enforce a clear and rigorous expectation on all schools to promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.”
The government set out its definition of British values in the 2011 Prevent Strategy, and these values have been reiterated by the Prime Minister this year. The way these values are reinforced at Plaistow & Kirdford Primary School can be found here...